Josey Ranch Pet Hospital
Where Caring Makes the Difference.
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Hi everyone! You may have noticed my absence at the clinic the past few months as my husband and I welcomed our first baby, a boy named Bennett, into the world. He loves toys that make noise, cuddles, and walks around the neighborhood (much like many of my four-legged patients) so the adjustment hasn’t been too challenging. We have loved settling in as a family, but I have missed all your faces and am ready to see you and your fur babies again! I will officially be back seeing patients as of October 11 and hope to see you all soon!
We are excited to announce PennHIP services are now available at Josey Ranch Pet Hospital every Tuesday. Only certified doctors may perform the procedure, and our practice is now one of few in the DFW metro that offers PennHIP testing for your breeding program or companion.
Canine ReproductionJosey Ranch Pet Hospital is the premier reproduction hospital in North Texas! We offer canine reproductive services ranging from breeding and infertility issues to Cesarean sections. JRPH is a Zoetis freeze center and takes pride in providing in-depth client education and being as available as possible for your dog’s breeding needs. Advances in technology now...
Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease....
Grooming & BathingAre you tired of wrestling with your pet when it’s time for a bath? Are you nervous about trimming nails? Is regular brushing becoming a chore for you and your pet? Has your pet’s hair become tangled, dirty, or matted? If you’re looking for options when it comes to grooming your pet, come to us...
Our Clients Love Us!
Josey Ranch has provided excellent care for all of my dogs for many years. The staff is incredible: organized, prepared, professional yet friendly, and very knowledgable. The veterinarians are all well -trained, truly love animals, and are a huge step above any other clinic or hospital that I have ever taken my corgis to. As a breeder, I have had c-sections and reproduction work done here and the expertise of the staff is world class. I highly recommend Josey Ranch to anyone who wants the very best care for their animals.
First time taking my dog and I was impressed how professional they were. Dr Calhoun was very professional and did explain well about diagnosed and treatment for my BULLTERRIER. I have to drive over 45 minutes and I’m willing to do to let them take care of my Rousey.